AUTUMN WEBINAR SERIES
Effective strategies to support Public Health in the Early Years
Wednesday, December 8th 2021, the webinar starts at 2pm for approximately 60 minutes.
Establishing healthy habits early means children are more likely to lead active lives and therefore lessen the risk of serious health concerns down the line. This webinar looks at some of the tools available to deploy to ease the burden of poor Public Health in your communities.
Who should attend our webinars?
- Local authorities
- Health Professionals
- Education Advisers
- Early Years Professionals
- Community Outreach
Why you should attend our webinars?
Impoverished life experiences in the early years can put a child at a disadvantage against their peers. Research shows that many children never recover from this early disadvantage, which impacts on their attainment, confidence, aspirations, and life chances.
This webinar will demonstrate how Local Authorities are using 50 Things to Do Before You’re 5 to enrich lives and improve the future of young children especially in light of the current challenging circumstances.
- Discover how to engage parents and foster whole family approaches to health and wellbeing
- Find out how to combat social disadvantage through this initiative
- Help different cultures engage with community and environment
- Provide early years education to encourage children to be happy and healthy, and learn while having fun
- Support public health initiatives such as, combating obesity, diabetes, coronary and respiratory diseases
- Prepare under-5s for future learning and school readiness
Led by the team at St Edmund's Nursery School and Children’s Centre in Bradford and rolled out in conjunction with Local Authorities across the UK, 50 Things To Do is an exciting initiative that helps parents and carers connect with their children through meaningful activities designed to have a positive impact on learning and health, so that their children can thrive through a range of low or no cost fun local activities.
Register to attend...